Monday 25 April 2016

Auroras Peak - Shoot 3 - Student Union


As this was a shoot that was very important in the film, we needed to be extra attentive to the set up. We first encountered a problem with the amount of light being let into the SU. I came up with the idea of using a large curtain or ‘black out’ material that could cover the entrance to the SU. We managed to get some black plastic material from a lady who works at the SU. We all worked together but it took us quite a while to put it up but after a lot of duct tape and hard work, it finally managed to stay up.

Around 2 hours late into the shoot, we had to get started asap. We unluckily ran into more problems that were out of our control. We had to pay Owen operate the lights, but after a while we realized he didn’t actually know how to operate them properly. This caused us problems because to set up the shots, we had to base everything around the lighting and if this was constantly changing, it was almost impossible to set up.

After a lot of trail and error, we finally found a lighting set up that we were happy with and wasn’t too complicated for Owen to do and the rest of the shoot went really well!
















Along with being one of the main shoots, this was also really important for me because this was the scene where my costume I'd made was used. I was really worried that the sequins and the seams would fall apart during the dance.
Lucky, I brought all my sewing appliances with me (minus the sewing machine) and was on guard for any wardrobe issues throughout the shoot.
I'm really happy with how it turned out, considering I'd never made anything like this before!










No comments:

Post a Comment